Seats: Litigation, Commercial, Contract, Civil, Family
GOOD LAW FIRM, a newly established Central London Solicitors Firm, looking for a Mandarin speaking trainee solicitor to join our young team to handle work from the Chinese speaking clientele in the UK.
The Firm advises on a wide and diverse range of matters including litigation, commercial agreements/disputes, Contract, Employment, Family, Civil and Judicial Review.
We are looking for a law graduate with strong academic background and solid experience either as a paralegal or a legal assistant to train as a solicitor.
You should have excellent interpersonal skills, commercial awareness, fluency in written and spoken English and Mandarin.
You would be supported to progress and develop your career within the Firm, encouraged to demonstrate independence and an ability to determine the best course of action to serve clients’ best interests.
This job role involves at least three legal seats amongst the following areas: litigation, family, employment, commercial, civil.
Overview of key responsibilities
• Meet clients, provide practical advice, and take initial instructions.
• Follow up on existing client cases, establish the relevant facts and key dates and take continuous instructions.
• Conduct legal research and keep up to date with changes in the law.
• Meet assigned deadlines and communicate case progress.
• Prepare appeal bundles, draft witness statements, engage with medical experts.
• Correspond with the Home Office, Tribunals, barristers and other governmental bodies.
• Maintain effective and professional communication with colleagues and clients.
• Maintain high standard in the processing of applications and busy caseload independently.
• Demonstrate efficiency, attentiveness to detail, professionalism and leadership.
• Actively ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client information.
· LPC and or LL.M. Degree – at least Merit
· LL.B. Degree or equivalent – at least Merit
· Mandarin Speaking
· One Year recent UK legal experience
· Proven experience in legal research, legal drafting and the use of LexisNexis or Westlaw
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong independence in ability to manage caseload.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to work under pressure and deliver targets.
• Able to build relationships with colleagues and clients.
If we cannot offer you a vacancy that meets your job description, please still do get in touch and email us your CV to be considered for future vacancies. A good covering letter will always get our interest. You are welcome to email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.